I can't believe we are going to China! It all seems so surreal. I walked into my bedroom last night, and for a split second was really freaked out by the sight of the mini-crib in the corner. In a moment I realized that in 21 days it will have a 16 month old in it!
What is especially amazing about that is that when we decided to finally adopt, I kept envisioning a 16 month old. Really! I absolutely LOVED when Lauren was that age, and I kept thinking that was about the age I hoped our daughter would be. When we set an age range that we wanted, we said something like 10-20 months, but knew we specifically wanted a toddler. When we started the paperwork for Qiu Feng (Lili's Chinese name), she was only 11 months old. God had a plan from the VERY beginning--of her life, and of our adoption of her. I truly believe he has orchestrated every single event in this process. Many of you have already heard some of the ways he has amazed us by his timing. This is just another example. I am so ready to meet her!
It seems like there are still a bunch of little things I need to take care of before we bring her home, but I guess we are pretty much ready. Everyone is getting excited--friends, family, Scott's co-workers, our parents; there are so many people waiting to meet Lili Mei!
Lauren has been extra huggy lately and seems to need extra cuddle time. I've been trying to make a point of spending special moments with her over the last few weeks, since she'll soon have to learn how to share mommy and daddy--something she's never had to do as an only child! I started a new Nancy Drew with her a few nights ago, reading a few chapters a night. I love when I finish and she begs for "just one more chapter!" She is such an awesome kid--she is going to make a wonderful big sister. I asked her if she's nervous or scared or worried at all, and she said no. I think she is ready. She has been waiting for this for a very long time. I'm not saying there won't be adjustments. Just that I think we're all prepared to work through whatever may come.
There are so many more things to write about...but they'll have to wait for another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment