Lili at 3

Lili at 3

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Almost Home!

A longer update from Michele (finally!).  Look to the bottom for pictures.


We leave for home Thursday afternoon (approximately 24 hours)!  We are happy to be going home, but a little sad the trip is coming to a close.  But we have all been (and Lili and I still are) sick, so we really just want to be home and see a regular doctor who can figure out what is going on.  

Lili has been adjusting well--she has a lot of personality, and is very smart.  She now signs "more," "all gone," and "eat" (all relating to FOOD, of course!  She's a porker!).

I'm trying to get packed--an impossible task.  We brought so much stuff (yet we are the only ones in our travel group who did not exceed the weight limit or have to buy an extra suitcase to go home).

We did our souvenir shopping yesterday, so are just hanging out in the room today--Scott and Lauren are playing Oregon Trail on Lauren's iTouch, Lili is sucking her fingers (a sure sign she is about to fall asleep) after entertaining herself on the floor with toys for the last hour (toys being business cards from all the souvenir shops, a paper shopping bag, and a prescription box...ok, and some stacking cups, a rattle, and some connecting rings--we aren't that cruel!).  

She had such a bad cough last night I had her sleep in bed with me, which meant I couldn't sleep--she's like a worm and moves all over the bed at night, but didn't fall off. I think that is why I didn't sleep--too afraid she'd thunk on the floor.  It's actually almost lunch time for her, so I think I'll feed her some rice cereal and put her down.  Then finish (ha!  we'll see...) packing.

Wish us a good flight with NO crying!!!!!!  Looking forward to seeing you all.  






No comments:

Post a Comment