Lili at 3

Lili at 3

Monday, January 10, 2011

Stressed!

Ok, it hit me today.  I was fine until about 4:45pm, when I suddenly realized we had forgotten to get the travel insurance we meant to get.  Well, not exactly forgot...we were going to get it Friday, but the place was closed, then I forgot to call Sunday, so I called today (when I remembered at 4:45pm!).  Fortunately, I was able to get that all taken care of  after a few phone calls and some online “paperwork.”  But now we are all set.  So that was a little stressful.  I ended up not being able to go to dinner with friends though.  Oh well.  I did, however, get all that last-minute-closet-purge stuff farmed out this afternoon after a good day of school (except for math...uh...that’s a whole other story).  Lauren did great on her science test, and even correctly pronounced deoxyribonucleic acid when we were reviewing.  I taught her a mnemonic yesterday for remembering which bases are paired together: gum and candy; applesauce and toast.  It worked!!!  Wish someone had taught me that in 7th grade!
I think I’ll give her tomorrow off; we pretty much wrapped up everything and are at good stopping points in all her subjects.  After her piano lesson she can relax and just have fun.  And right now I’m getting her audiobooks transferred to her ipod.  She is only taking one small backpack of things to do, and I still think she is overpacking!  She usually just ends up drawing anyway. 
Another goal for today was to get the house cleaned, which we did--that is my pre-travel requirement whenever we go  away.  Our house-sitter will take great care of things, which eases my mind considerably.    I’m throwing all the chargers and cameras and stuff in our bags tomorrow morning, and then we are READY!
I just hope I can sleep.  I wonder where Lili is right now--still with her foster family?  or back at the orphanage?  It makes me sad to think she is too young to really realize what is about to happen to her, and how painful it will be to be taken from the family she knows now.  Please continue to pray for her sweet little heart.  And for the snow that is predicted for tomorrow to pass us right on by!!!

1 comment:

  1. I know you must be so excited - leaving tomorrow! Yippee! Praying for you all, especially for sweet little Lili, that God will already be preparing her heart to be part of your family. Can't wait to see those precious Gotcha Day pic's! Trust HIM, and enjoy every minute of your trip.

    ReplyDelete